Inferior Press

Just your run of the mill ranting and quirky observations. Nothing special or atypical here. (DISCLAIMER: My early posts (circa 2006) are not for the easily offended. I had a propensity to write contextually brash and use coarse vernacular associated with the disenfranchised and bitter (read: failed rock star). I plan to continue to write off collar posts here but I will attempt to amplify witticism by mitigating the reliance upon "shock value" gained from profanity.)

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Disgruntled employee pleads insanity due to rat race

You know, I'm actually surprised the killing sprees due to disgruntled employees aren't more frequent than they are. I'm reminded of the two seperate postal workers in two seperate states going, well, postal on the same day, May 6th 1993. What are the odds of that happening? Out of just 365 days even?

I'm not really trying to be morbid here, but if you think about it: do you actually like your job? I'm willing to bet not for a large percentage of the population. Now, really how many people are angry or dissatisfied enough to justify killing anyone or even just seeking attention by waving a gun around. Not too many, except the obvious cases we've heard about in the news.

However, I'm willing to bet that the idea has crossed a lot more minds than people will admit. When I was in 8th grade my teacher got shot, but wasn't killed. This was my small town's 15 minutes of fame in 1993.

Three years later I thought about wasting a few choice individuals myself. That's not something a lot of people will admit either. Just because I thought about it and had a plan didn't mean I actually went through with it.

This was still before Columbine. That happened when I was nearing graduation as a senior in high school.

I can see why people would snap. One never knows exactly what might set the other guy off into a killing spree. That's why they say don't step on anyone's toes. But, if you do, what if he's got a gun? So what? That's why you have one too.

Our crime rate would probably drop to zero if everyday citizens were issued hand guns. If someone starts acting like and idiot and starts waving it around or shooting, BLAM! 50 other people in the room will pull out theirs and problem solved.

Now that's homeland security. Long live the Second Amendment.

1 Comments:

At 5:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hear Hear, long live the 2nd amendment!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home