Inferior Press

Just your run of the mill ranting and quirky observations. Nothing special or atypical here. (DISCLAIMER: My early posts (circa 2006) are not for the easily offended. I had a propensity to write contextually brash and use coarse vernacular associated with the disenfranchised and bitter (read: failed rock star). I plan to continue to write off collar posts here but I will attempt to amplify witticism by mitigating the reliance upon "shock value" gained from profanity.)

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Even neanderthals can grow up...

Has it been a while or what? After struggling with trying to guess what frame of mind I was in during the height of my dillegent rants in an effort to recall my password for what seemed like an eternity, I was drawn to read my own posts. In some ways it feels like I wrote them only yesterday, whereas it was actually a year ago and plenty has changed in the meantime.

I've long since moved on from the job I had constantly dispensed seething and loathing scribblings about. I shortly thereafter started majoring in Criminal Justice (yeah, I know, I was shocked too) and have consistently managed to be on the Honors' List (shocked again). I broke up with my girlfriend (I owe you a proper amends), learned the reality of "un-manageability", and finally started to make progress as a human being.

Did I mention I finally got my motorcycle license around this time last year? Ok, so now I have the boots, jacket, helmet and license but my insurance company won't let me get coverage until next year. It would be completely asinine to get a bike in the interim. I also no longer have my shaggy mane. I cut that long ago as well. I was forced to be clean shaven for the first four months of the year (long story) but have grown my beard at least 5 times since, simply because I had side-line gigs that I needed to look either respectable or innocent.

The moral of the story is that I've made a lot of changes and finally stopped struggling with the fact that I'm not 17 anymore and it's time to start acting like my real age, which is 30, plus or minus three depending on the day or sometimes even the hour.

1 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yes indeed Neanderthals can grow up. Into Neanderthals that just grunt, grab their women by the hair, and inevitably get eaten by much larger pray. Good for you. I commend you on your achievement. When will I get to meet the little lady you are dragging around behind you?

Humbly Devout

 

Post a Comment

<< Home