Inferior Press

Just your run of the mill ranting and quirky observations. Nothing special or atypical here. (DISCLAIMER: My early posts (circa 2006) are not for the easily offended. I had a propensity to write contextually brash and use coarse vernacular associated with the disenfranchised and bitter (read: failed rock star). I plan to continue to write off collar posts here but I will attempt to amplify witticism by mitigating the reliance upon "shock value" gained from profanity.)

Friday, September 28, 2007

Red Letter Date In History

As a kid, the date October 26th only had one significant meaning to me: that was the date Marty McFly was trying to get back to in the future.

Now, it has new significant meaning: its the date I left my girlfriend on last year and its rapidly approaching. Its been a roller coaster year revolving around this decision. Some days I wanted to call her or drive over and reconcile, even though I knew that if it was like playing with fire when we were together the first time, it would have likely been an inferno if we got back together.

I'm sure she's moved on with her life and I thought I did the same. Until today anyway. I found an old voice memo on my phone with just her end of a conversation. I remember right after the break up and I was in my depressive-self torture moods, frantically trying to find a voice mail she left me before the break up just to listen to it and make myself feel worse. To my surprise, my provider deletes all voice mails after a certain amount of time.

Somehow, this 4 minute voice memo was on my phone for over a year without me knowing it, and I found it today and listened to it. It was good to hear her voice and laugh but I knew that I needed to delete it and the pictures I had taken to finally get any sense of closure. So, with much reluctance, that's what I finally did. In less than 30 days I will reach that red letter date and hopefully, it won't phase my obsessive compulsive mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home