Inferior Press

Just your run of the mill ranting and quirky observations. Nothing special or atypical here. (DISCLAIMER: My early posts (circa 2006) are not for the easily offended. I had a propensity to write contextually brash and use coarse vernacular associated with the disenfranchised and bitter (read: failed rock star). I plan to continue to write off collar posts here but I will attempt to amplify witticism by mitigating the reliance upon "shock value" gained from profanity.)

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Bike bug

Yeah, I got the bike bug hard now. I've wanted a motorcycle since I was a kid, and living near Sturgis back then it was cool to see all that chrome and leather. On the other hand, it just made it worse though, since I could not afford a bike back then.

Actually, I still can't but eventually...

I know absolutely nothing about bikes. All I know is I want one. Which one? I dunno. Here's the ones I don't want and various reasons.

A crotch rocket. Reason why not? Because I would kill myself on one. Too fast for me, and I guarantee I would see how fast that is.

A touring bike. Sure, you could pack some clothes and stuff with it, but the look of the thing doesn't suit me.

A chopper. Beleieve me, they are very cool looking indeed, but since I've never even rode a bike before, I don't want to dump the damn thing right off the bat.

I could just see me at the dealership, getting asked if I know how to ride and saying, "Oh yeah...I've been riding for years". Then hopping on and spilling not 10 feet away. That would be a guaranteed sale.

Since Harley's are so expensive, even used ones, I'll try to find a really cheap Kawasaki or something that does not look like a crotch rocket or a dirt bike and make do with that.

I suppose I should go take that safety course first though. I'd rather wreck their bike than mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home