Inferior Press

Just your run of the mill ranting and quirky observations. Nothing special or atypical here. (DISCLAIMER: My early posts (circa 2006) are not for the easily offended. I had a propensity to write contextually brash and use coarse vernacular associated with the disenfranchised and bitter (read: failed rock star). I plan to continue to write off collar posts here but I will attempt to amplify witticism by mitigating the reliance upon "shock value" gained from profanity.)

Thursday, May 18, 2006

The bitter end

They're really starting to lay the law down at work lately. I think my days are numbered. It's complete chaos and madness there, I tell you.

The way things sound, the retention rate is going to fluctuate. It's not just me, pretty much everyone is irresponsible in general. So, I'm not really surprised that the hammer is coming down.

I suppose it's either time to kick it into gear to avoid being the nail in this analogy. But even then, there's no guarantee. It might be time to move on.

In my particular quagmire, I have a job that I am decent at and it's easy. Too easy really. It just drives me freakin' insane.

I was just doing a bit of research on the different jobs available and have come to a few conclusions:

1) I am not qualified for a lot of jobs I'm interested in.
2) The jobs I'm qualified for and interested in, I can't get past the background check.
3) The jobs I'm qulified and can pass the background check on, I'm not interested.

So, that means I better start liking this job, get qualified and stop bitching or else move on to a shitty job.

Another couple of things I have against me are my refusal to cut my hair and shave. I know, my hair is not going to pay the bills. Maybe I'll go up the street and see if I can apprentice to be a tattoo artist. Shit I got the gun, I got the tats. This is my fuckin' resume.

Damn, why is unemployment so easy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home