Inferior Press

Just your run of the mill ranting and quirky observations. Nothing special or atypical here. (DISCLAIMER: My early posts (circa 2006) are not for the easily offended. I had a propensity to write contextually brash and use coarse vernacular associated with the disenfranchised and bitter (read: failed rock star). I plan to continue to write off collar posts here but I will attempt to amplify witticism by mitigating the reliance upon "shock value" gained from profanity.)

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

When will I ever learn?

I have no idea how or why I thought I could be a sucessful business leader. All I've ever done is break the rules and try to buck the system. Business in general has a lot of rules. Some are OSHA mandated. Others are guidelines that seem to be set in stone. The first that springs to mind is the stigma against beards and long hair. Where did the standard thinking come into practice? For now I'll leave this one alone.

The other three are:

1) Don't date/etc subordinates
2) Don't date/etc superiors
3) Don't date/etc co-workers

Obviously, all three can get you into hot water if you're not careful. Actually, even if you are careful you could still end up in deep shit.

The scenerio that you're the boss and start downloading your hard drive into your favorite female employee's docking station is a recipe for disaster. All it takes is one person to get wise and it's over. That's not even taking into account that you piss her off. Which you will eventually. That or she'll realize someday that your a jackass and get greedy....scratch that. She's already 6 steps ahead of you.

Another chance to play with fire is dating your boss. You might get choice assignments, breaks on hours, a raise, promotion, whatever. All is good until you wind up on her shit list. Kiss your weekends goodbye.

The less dangerous of the three is dating co-workers. But, again jelousy stems quit easily in a co-ed work environment. And even if things are going well, what happens when that hot new temp starts working there?

But, even if it's just simple flirting turned infatuation, it's just as messy when she quits or gets fired. It's pretty sad really when the only reason you go to work is because of a co-worker.

Been there, done that, and it sucks. I can't wait until my beard is like Grizzly Adams' and I actually start to deter women for a while. I might actually get some fucking work done for a change.

And here's an update. I finally figured out what my password was to that dating site and changed my primary picture to the one I have on here. Let's just test my deterent theory and computer generated women hypothesis, shall we?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home