Inferior Press

Just your run of the mill ranting and quirky observations. Nothing special or atypical here. (DISCLAIMER: My early posts (circa 2006) are not for the easily offended. I had a propensity to write contextually brash and use coarse vernacular associated with the disenfranchised and bitter (read: failed rock star). I plan to continue to write off collar posts here but I will attempt to amplify witticism by mitigating the reliance upon "shock value" gained from profanity.)

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

You said if I came in late for another shift, you'd fire me.

Frank Pierce: You said if I came in late for another shift, you'd fire me.
Captain Barney: I'll fire you tomorrow.


A classic quote from "Bringing out the Dead". Nicolas Cage always plays quite disturbed characters. And I can relate to that.

Anyway, everytime I try to quit my job, my old manager says something that sparks me into gear again. Last night, I was telling her that discipline and responsiblilty are not in my top five strengths.

She said they were probably in my top ten, namely 6 and 7. Apparently she sees more to me than I do. I politely agreed when she cited some examples and went about my buisiness.

It's not so much that I hate my job, or the people I work with, it's the people I deal with. And it's just too easy not to go to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home