Inferior Press

Just your run of the mill ranting and quirky observations. Nothing special or atypical here. (DISCLAIMER: My early posts (circa 2006) are not for the easily offended. I had a propensity to write contextually brash and use coarse vernacular associated with the disenfranchised and bitter (read: failed rock star). I plan to continue to write off collar posts here but I will attempt to amplify witticism by mitigating the reliance upon "shock value" gained from profanity.)

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The Rum Diary

I just finished reading Hunter S. Thompson's "The Rum Diary". At first I thought it might jeapordize my sobriety because as the title suggests it's pretty much a story about decadence. I remember my days of decadence and would even long for them at times, but I also remember the bad times too...

All in all it was a pretty good read. I got to live vacariously through the main character Paul Kemp, who is a lot like me, even though he's 31. I could relate to a lot of the stuff that happened in that book.

By the time it was over though, I realized that somewhere I had crossed that invisible line of being a party animal to an alcoholic, which I've known for awhile. I finished reading and felt at peace that my life isn't chaos like that anymore. After awhile the chaos gets boring.

It's about 200 pages and it's a quick read, definately worth checking out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home