Inferior Press

Just your run of the mill ranting and quirky observations. Nothing special or atypical here. (DISCLAIMER: My early posts (circa 2006) are not for the easily offended. I had a propensity to write contextually brash and use coarse vernacular associated with the disenfranchised and bitter (read: failed rock star). I plan to continue to write off collar posts here but I will attempt to amplify witticism by mitigating the reliance upon "shock value" gained from profanity.)

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Star Wars

I don't know which would have been worse: being a Star Wars fan as a kid or getting converted as an adult?

I saw Return of the Jedi when I was 7 or 8 years old and thought it was mind-numbingly boring. (This was in '88, when it was pretty close to when it came out, and before I was desensitized by the look of films of the 90's and whatever the fuck decade this is)

I never understood the Star Wars craze when the first two prequels came out. My stock answer was "Fuck Star Wars" when someone would mention it.

Last year, Episode III came out. I saw the trailers on TV and was curious as to how Vader got into the suit. So, I decided to go ahead and watch all the movies, as they came out. And to my surprise by the time I was done I actually enjoyed them.

So began my fascination for the next year. I got the video games, I checked the boards, and couldn't stop talking about it.

It also helps that Padme is hot, Obi wan is a bad ass, and I can relate to Anakin on the good side vs the dark side.

Back to my original rhetoric: which would be worse? I was already a weird kid, would it have made me wierder? It's pretty bad that I'm a grown ass man now and still enjoy the fantasy realm.

Thanks a lot George Lucas.

2 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Shit man, Star Wars is awesome. There are some chick out there that love the fuck out of some Star Wars. To answer your question, it was better to get into it as an adult. That way you could fully wrap your mind around what was being presented to you. Not just sitting there as a kid and getting your first chub to Leia chained down by Jaba's side in her little fucking....oh shit, I just started drooling all over the computer. God damn it, now look what you made me do.

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger Cloak and Dagger: The Man in the Shadows said...

What do you know Professor? You wanted to hang out with Ponch from CHIPs. Next thing you know, it will be Richie Cunningham from Happy Days and Buddy from Charles in Charge. And while you're at it why not Screech and Zach from Saved by the Bell?

The world will probably end when they start showing Saved by the Bell on Nick at Nite and TV Land...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home