Inferior Press

Just your run of the mill ranting and quirky observations. Nothing special or atypical here. (DISCLAIMER: My early posts (circa 2006) are not for the easily offended. I had a propensity to write contextually brash and use coarse vernacular associated with the disenfranchised and bitter (read: failed rock star). I plan to continue to write off collar posts here but I will attempt to amplify witticism by mitigating the reliance upon "shock value" gained from profanity.)

Monday, May 22, 2006

Past the Point of No Return

Alright. So I finally got around to mowing my lawn today. Of course I did it in true bachelor fashion, combat boots and boxer shorts. I'll bet the neighbors and passing cars were pleased.

I had no choice really. Even if it's 120 degrees I never leave the house in shorts. I'm just not a shorts kind of guy. Actually, ever since I stopped skateboarding, I've worn boots and not shoes. Then again though I used to skateboard in boots too.

Why? Because whenever I would wear sandals or shoes, that would just happen to be the day I would get in a fight. After getting my toes stepped a couple of times, I decided it would be best to wear my steel toes not only for protection, but also as an additional defense when I would kick my adversary in the Adam's apple.

I haven't been in a fight since I sobered up. I've also been out of the Army for 14 months now, yet I still wear my combat boots.

Back to the boxer shorts. The only reason I mowed my lawn in boxer shorts is because I just didn't give a damn. Yeah, I guess I'm the creepy neighbor. One thing is for certain, I'm just as fucked up now as when I was drinking. The only difference is now I don't have an excuse. I can't plead temporary insanity because it seems perpetual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home